Stations of the Cross
Exercise/Social Distancing Version
What is this? Watch this short video
1. For our Physical Health we are permitted to go on walks during this time of quarantine. We encourage people to wear masks or scarves as this is a high-risk time for the Covid-19 virus
2. For our Emotional Health, we are permitted to interact outdoors with others if we keep a 6 foot distance and don’t gather in groups larger than 10 during this time of quarantine.
3. For our Spiritual Health at this time, we remember Christ’s ultimate sacrifice of love for us as He prepared to go to the cross.
The Purpose of Stations of the Cross (Outdoor Exercise Social Distancing Version) is to allow for health in each of these three ways as participants visit the Stations of the Cross that will be placed outside of homes in both the Violetville and Mount Clare neighborhoods.
What to expect at each station:
· At each station, you will be linked via QR code (or by following links on this page) to the scripture reading of the Bible passage for that station. You will be given an activity to do or questions to answer that will highlight an aspect of what Christ experienced. There may be an optional song to listen to.
· If you want to, you may text the church member who lives inside the house and see if they want to say hello or chat from a 6 foot distance. Note: No one should be entering houses.
· You may then move on to another nearby station. These stations do not necessarily need to be experienced in order. They can be done on different days, as best suits the participants.
Before you go – Prepare a Bag for Stations of the Cross:
Perfume and cotton balls (optional)
Several silver coins - nickels, quarters or dimes
A piece of bread
A small thermos of juice (grape or other) and cup for each person
A piece of rope
Something sharp and pointy like a thorn
Squares of paper
A candle and something to light it
An empty pillowcase
Station 1: Mary Anoints Jesus - Locations are the church at 1616 Wilkens Avenue or 3702 Coolidge Avenue
Station 2: Judas Betrays Jesus - Location is 312 South Mount Street or 3702 Coolidge Avenue
Station 3: The Last Supper - Location is 1930 Wilkens Avenue or 3702 Coolidge Avenue
Station 4: The Garden of Gethsemane - Location is 1930 Wilkens Avenue or 1013 Haverhill Road
Station 5: Jesus' Arrest - Location is 1719 Wilkens Avenue or 1013 Haverhill Road
Station 6: Jesus' Trial - Location is 1719 Wilkens Avenue or 1013 Haverhill Road
Station 7: The Crucifixion - Location is 1502 Ramsay Street or 1202 Pine Heights Avenue
Station 8: Jesus' Death and Burial - Location is 1602 Wilkens Avenue or 1202 Pine Heights Avenue
Station 9: Jesus' Resurrection - Location is the church at 1616 Wilkens Avenue or 1202 Pine Heights Avenue.